Jewellery Wax Carving Workshop - Learn to create your own ring or pendant
Ever wanted to make your own piece of solid recycled silver jewellery? Join me in this relaxed and fun workshop and create your own personalised piece of jewellery!
Either Saturday 20th January, 10.30am - 12.30pm
Or Saturday 10th February, 10.30am - 12.30pm
In the new Community Room, down at The Railway Gardens, Splott, Cardiff, CF24 2BH – plenty of free on street parking around the area and a place to hook up bikes
Hi, I’m Emma-Kate and I’ve been making silverware & jewellery ever since I graduated from the Royal College of Art back in 2002. I moved to Cardiff in 2008 to set up my own jewellery design studio and have been asked many times if I do workshops – now I’ve found the perfect space to do this down at the Railway Gardens! I love wax carving and I use it so much in my own work.
You just need to bring yourself – all equipment will be provided – carving wax is a bit dusty but it should not stain your clothes
You’ll learn how to carve and mould your own personalised ring or pendant directly from wax in a really relaxed and fun environment- only 6 places available. You’ll have one wax block to play with and one to create with.
This will then be sent off to be cast in solid recycled sterling silver to my casting company based in Birmingham. I’ll personally polish the ring or pendant up when its returned and then send it back to you to either gift or enjoy!
What is included?
- There’ll be a glass of bubbly on arrival (alcoholic or alcohol free), fresh juice, tea, coffee and some tasty treats to enjoy – please let me know if you have any dietary requirements
- All guidance & equipment is provided to carve your own finished wax mould
- Casting in solid sterling silver up to c.7g*, finishing and postage – this takes around 2-3 weeks
- Don’t worry if you don’t know what to create, I will have some models on hand and be able to advise.
What’s not included?
- No stone setting, gold plating, hallmarking or engraving – these are extras if required
- If you’d like your piece cast in solid gold then please speak to me to arrange a price.
* above this weight will incur an extra charge
It is suitable for anyone who can use their hands and has some vision – you do not need to have any experience!
- Over 16’s – we will be using sharp tools – please do get in touch if someone younger does want to attend
- Couples looking to make bespoke rings
- Friends & family to enjoy together
- A birthday or anniversary treat
- Christmas presents to gift